Avg antivirus for pc is one of the most popular antivirus programs on the market. The company is moving from annual releases to rolling releases: as long as you have a subscription, you’ll have the latest version of their software.
Rolling releases: In the past, buying a copy of AVG would get you regular antivirus updates, but features would not change until you bought the following year’s version. Now you can always have the newest version of AVG.
It’s free: Although it’s release method has changed, you can still get a version that costs no money — though there are a few strings attached (more on that in the Cons section below).
Modular installation: Avg antivirus for pc has separate components that can monitor your desktop email client and your Web browser for threats, and you can choose to not install both of these if you have other software that covers these bases already.
Installer gotchas: If you don’t intervene by using a “custom” installation, the installer will put you on a 30-day trial of one of the company’s paid products instead of installing AVG Antivirus Free. And it will change your Web browser’s homepage and default search engine to Bing.com.
PC Analyzer has issues: AVG Antivirus features a PC Analyzer, which checks for registry errors, junk files and broken shortcuts that can be deleted, and disk defragmentation. The problem is, you’re not supposed to defrag a solid-state drive, but PC Analyzer did not appear to notice what type of drive it was. The analyzer is also all-or-nothing; you can’t skip the defrag or the registry cleaner and just delete junk files and shortcuts, for example.
Here are the steps to reach Avg antivirus for pc
1.first of all, you need to open an internet browser on your computers like google chrome, internet explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Then type “www.avg.com/retail” in the url box.
2.when you hit enter then your program will start download automatically, after that you will get two or three options like save, run and cancel,
then you just need to click on “run” or “save”.
3. Now download the AVG product registration installer file to begin the installation, then just double click on the program to run it.
4. Now it will ask for your serial number, then click Next.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions during the AVG retail registration installer file
6. You will get a terms and Agreement, then click Agree and Install.
7. Meanwhile, Wait as the program installs, this may take a couple of minutes.
8. Now it will ask for your email address, then click on Next.
9. Fill out the Account Information of AVG retail registration security on your window, then click Next.
10. Check all the information’s that you provided, then click Next.